The 2017 GBC Philippine Missions officially ended on Friday, July 14. Most of us felt good and accomplished in finishing the goals that were set before us. But looking back at the 2 weeks that we spent with brothers and sisters in Christ ministering to various people makes it undeniable that none of it was possible without God. It was He who gave the answer as He made our plans come to fruition and with so much more than we asked for. In spite of some challenges, God proved Himself faithful over and over again during this trip. The selfless love and humility of those we have met and worked with during the trip has deeply touched our hearts. Our thanks also goes to the members of Glencairn Baptist Church for their tireless prayers and support. All glory and praises to the One who makes all things possible!
— Sis. Jen Guzman
Mission Trip Prayer Requests
- That God will be glorified in EVERY aspect of the Mission Trip.
- That Every member of the Mission Team, as well as the people with whom they work and share with will have a personal and powerful encounter with God.
- That the unconditional Love of God will radiate in and through each of the lives of the Mission Team members.
- That God will place a hedge of protection around the entire trip
- That Satan will be bound from anything that distracts anyone from hearing the voice of God in the area where the Mission team will be sharing
- That all who are participating in this trip will be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit
- That God’s Word will be proclaimed with power and produce life change (transformation)
- That God will give the Mission Team strength and good health throughout the trip
- That God will protect and provide for the family members of those on the Mission Trip who are remaining in Canada
- That God will give wisdom to those speaking and teaching, and listening ears to the people the Mission Team comes into contact with during the trip
- That God will set up Divine appointments, both with those the Mission Team shares with and others who they encounter while travelling
- That all team members will be bold and creative in sharing their faith
- That all team members will make quick adjustments to time and cultural changes
- That revival will break out with people to whom the Mission Team ministers